Here, you can learn about Honda Federal Credit Union privacy guidelines, website rules and disclosure of how we manage your personal information. Review these regularly to keep informed of Honda FCU’s policies.
General Policy Statement
Honda Federal Credit Union recognizes its responsibility to protect the privacy of personal, nonpublic member information. The purpose of this policy is to set forth the guidelines under which such information may be shared with third parties. It is the intent of HFCU to abide by all applicable laws and regulations governing the privacy of member information.
Collection of Information. In the course of delivering products and services, the credit union obtains member information, either directly from the member or from outside sources. This information is used to comply with federal and state laws and regulations, to provide effective member service and to inform members of product and services, which may be of interest.
Maintenance of Accurate Information. HFCU will exercise reasonable caution in the gathering and maintenance of information to ensure its accuracy. When inaccurate information is discovered, it will be corrected as promptly as possible.
Disclosing Information to Third Parties.HFCU will not sell member information to third parties. Information will be shared with third parties under the following conditions:
- When disclosure is required to complete member-authorized transactions (such as check or credit card processing).
- To verify the existence or condition of member accounts to a third party (such as a credit bureau), as permitted by law.
- To comply with a court order or applicable laws or regulations.
- When authorized by written permission from the member.
- As part of a member service agreement with an approved service partner, provided the third party is contractually bound to perform services and tom aintain the confidentiality of the information.
Responsibility of Service Partners. HFCU will only approve service partners with established policies of privacy similar to those of the Credit Union.
Privacy of Electronic Transactions.
- Encryption. Electronic interfaces with members (such as Internet transactions) will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption.
- Account Access. Member account information and transactions will be protected by a password that must be used in conjunction with a username or account number. Members must apply for this capability and be registered with the credit union for authentication purposes.
- "Cookies". The credit union may use "cookies" as part of it's web site interface. A "cookie" is a small file that is placed on the user's computer. While it contains no member information, it identifies the member's computer and allows the credit union to measure usage of the web site and customize the web site experience.
- Links. HFCU will frequently link to other sites as a convenience to our members. HFCU will seek to link with other sites that adhere to similar privacy standards. However, the Credit Union is not responsible for the content of linked sites, or for their policies on the collection of member information.
Employees will be trained with regard to their responsibilities under this policy. In addition, employees should be trained to recognize, respond to, and where appropriate, report any unauthorized or fraudulent attempts to obtain member information.
Honda Federal Credit Union (Honda FCU) requires that all the visitors to our site(s) on the Internet (the "Site") adhere to the following rules and regulations. By accessing the Site you indicate your acknowledgment and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Honda FCU maintains this Site to provide you with information about Honda FCU products and services and to facilitate communication with Honda FCU. Your access to and use of the Site are subject to these terms and conditions and all applicable laws and regulations. From time to time we may revise these terms and conditions.
Copyright in the pages, screens, text and images appearing at the Site is owned Honda FCU or others as indicated. You may copy information from the Site for your personal or educational use only, provided that each copy includes any copyright, trademark or servicemark notice or attribution as they appear, on the pages copied. The information and materials may not otherwise be copied, displayed, distributed, downloaded, licensed, modified, published, reported, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes, except as provided in these terms and conditions without the express written permission of Honda FCU.
You may not be eligible for all the products or services described. Honda FCU reserves the right to determine the eligibility for any product or service.
Any communication or material you transmit to us via the Site or Internet electronic mail is on a non-confidential basis with no promise by Bank One not to use such communication or material for any purpose whatsoever, including reproduction, publication, broadcast and posting.
We will use our best efforts to include accurate and up to date information on the Site, but we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information. You agree that all access and use of the Site and its contents is at your own risk. By using the Site, you acknowledge that we specifically disclaim any liability (whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site, (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages) including liability associated with any viruses which may infect a user’s computer equipment.
With regard to services or products purchased or obtained by the user from a non-Honda FCU person or entity, Honda FCU makes no warranty of merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose with regard to such services and products and Honda FCU specifically disclaims all other warranties with regard to said services and products.
You agree that your use of this site shall be governed by California law and agree that venue shall be located in Los Angeles, CA.